Dual Spindle, Dual Gang Slides Slash Cycle Time
The BW209Z Swiss Type Lathe uses its 3-path control system and dual independent gang slides to slash cycle time and produce complex parts quickly. Multiple driven tools on the main and sub spindle combined with front and rear sliding tool posts enable multiple simultaneous and/or overlapping Swiss turning operations.
Cycle time is dramatically reduced by simultaneous rough and finish OD turning (pinch or balanced turning). With our cross rotary tools on the same centerline, pinch milling or drilling is a time reducing function also available. The front and rear tool posts also allow you to have 3 tools in the cut to perform overlapping machining, independent back side machining, simultaneous end-milling and balanced turning.
The BW209Z’s standard nine cutting axes (X1, Y1, Z1, X2, Y2, Z2, X3, Y3, and Z3) along with its B0 Series Abile Programming Software can make easy work of your toughest applications.
Key Advantages Include:
- Two Gang Type Tool Posts on Independent Slides enables independent back side machining, simultaneous end-milling and balanced turning with front/rear posts
- Simultaneous 3-Path System control enables overlapping simultaneous machining
- Dramatic Cycle Time Reduction – 3-system control enables pre-positioning of the next tool
- Intelligent High Speed Spindle detects drill breakage by motor load, eliminates need for conventional mechanical detector
- 28 Tool Positions
- 210 mm Stroke (Fixed Guide Bushing), 170 mm (Rotary Guide Bushing)
- Rapid Traverse Rate of 32 m/min – shortened idle and cycle times
- Fanuc 31i-B CNC
- Convertible can run without sliding headstock with addition of optional chucker kit
|Maximum Bar Stock||mm||20|
|Sliding Headstock / Guide Bushing||Yes|
|Convertible: Run Without Guide Bushing (Chucker)||Yes|
|Maximum Length With Guide Bushing||mm||210|
|Maximum Length Without Guide Bushing||mm||45|
|# Tool Positions (std / max)||28|
|# Live Tool Positions (std / max)||Variable per options – Open tooling arrangement|
|Main Spindle Speed||rpm||200 – 12,000|
|Sub Spindle Speed||rpm||200 – 12,000|
|Main Spindle Motor||kW||2.2 / 3.7|
|Footprint (W x D x H)||in||79.1 x 59.3 x 68.9|
Hartwig Helps People in Manufacturing Control Their
Destiny Every Day.
Our Contact Info:
10617 Trenton Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132
Phone: (314) 426-5300
Fax: (314) 426-5311
Need Okuma Service After Hours?
Please Call: (314) 493-9999