Website Terms and Conditions
- You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not copy, distribute, modify, transmit, display, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site, including the text, images, audio and video, for public or commercial purposes without written permission from Hartwig. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted by Hartwig or our OEMs unless otherwise noted. Hartwig neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Hartwig.
- While Hartwig uses reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information on the Site, Hartwig makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Hartwig assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site.
- Your use and browsing of this Site is at your own risk. Neither Hartwig nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Hartwig also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages due to computer viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site, or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Images of equipment, people or places displayed on the Site either are the property of or are used with permission by Hartwig. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- Unless otherwise noted, the trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site, are registered Trademarks of Hartwig and/or our OEMs. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Hartwig or such third party that may own any Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Hartwig and our OEMs will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- Although from time to time, Hartwig may monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and other information or material that users may post on the Site, Hartwig is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. You should assume that Hartwig will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Hartwig to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- Hartwig may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the most current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering or completing a contact form on our Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a contact form or register for a free training class and/or event on our Site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register for classes, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We use regular Malware Scanning. We do not use an SSL certificate. We do not need an SSL because: Hartwig’s website is for information purposes. Visitors provide information via our website to register for Hartwig’s e-newsletter, free training classes or to have a Hartwig representative contact them.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site, but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Hartwig does not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
10617 Trenton Ave.
St. Louis, Missouri 63132