SALES ENGINEER – HOUSTON, TX
We are seeking a highly-motivated and driven Sales Engineer with previous machine tool sales experience to establish and build relationships with our existing customer base, as well as develop new business opportunities.
Founded in 1960, Hartwig, Inc., has become one of the nation’s leading machine tool distributors specializing in machine tool inspection and equipment in the Midwest, Southwest, and Mountain regions. With over 180 team members in nine locations throughout the United States, we provide Manufacturing Solutions and Support (Sales, Applications, Engineering, Service, Parts) to the machine tool industry.
Hartwig’s most important resource and best asset is our people. The belief that a strong manufacturing sector fuels economic growth combined with our passion for the industry is what unites us every day.
We make a difference. Join our team today to contribute to the future.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A HARTWIG SALES ENGINEER:
- Successfully sells machine tools and engineering services by reaching or exceeding individual quota.
- Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of the machine tool industry and all products and services sold.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of competitor products to ensure Hartwig is on the cutting edge of technology.
- Determines industry customers and prospects, needs, and solutions.
- Manages critical projects through installation and ensure customer satisfaction through initial run-offs.
- Maintains a strong teamwork relationship with all internal customers, Regional Sales, Service, Application Engineering, Parts, and Training Teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
TO JOIN THE HARTWIG TEAM, YOU SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two year’s outside/external sales experience, preferably industrial sales.
- Must have a strong mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer relationship skills.
- Experience in project management and time management.
- Basic computer skills; including sales software such as CRM, MS Office, Word, and Excel.
- Must have a strong initiative, competitive nature, and be goal-oriented.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record with the Department of Motor Vehicles, and have the ability to obtain a passport.
- Must have good credit in order to obtain a company credit card.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
HARTWIG PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with Company Matching Program
- Accrued Time Off with Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Laptop and Cell Phone for Certain Positions
- Company Van or Truck for Certain Positions
- FREE Uniforms for Certain Positions
- FREE Training Program(s)
- Career Advancement and Opportunity
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Equal work / Life Balance
Hartwig, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA.
For more information about Hartwig, visit our “About Hartwig” section.
Stay connected with us!
Hartwig Helps People in Manufacturing Control Their
Destiny Every Day.
Our Contact Info:
10617 Trenton Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132
Phone: (314) 426-5300
Fax: (314) 426-5311
Need Okuma Service After Hours?
Please Call: (314) 493-9999