- July 24, 2019 - July 25, 2019
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Basic Introduction to Advanced One Touch® Programming for Lathes is a basic introduction to Okuma’s Advanced One Touch® conversational lathe programming system. This class will provide a basic understanding of the flow of Okuma’s Advanced One Touch® and students will be able to create single turret programs.
Advanced One-Touch® is Okuma’s conversational programming language, allowing programs to be created either on the Okuma OSP P200 or P300 control or on a remote computer.
This two-day class teaches the basic features of AOT for lathes:
Creating simple shapes
Creating the CNC code for those shapes
A basic understanding of the “workflow” of AOT
Emphasis will be placed on the development of programming skills for 2-axis turning
What Is Covered?
- Creating the workpiece blank shape
- Creating various finished part shapes
- Selecting the correct cutting processes
- Testing the processes and generating a program
- Building a tool list
- Adjusting parameters and the material database
Simple computer skills and an understanding of turning.