- INTRO/BASIC OSP LATHE PROGRAMMING W/ MULTI-FUNCTION LATHE PROGRAMMING
July 16, 2019 - July 17, 2019
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This is a two day, basic Okuma lathe programming class with the goal of students being able to write turning, grooving, threading, and simple live tool programs for horizontal and vertical lathes.
Attend and you will learn:
Basic programming skills, to enable operators and new programmers to create simple programs and edit (if necessary) existing programing.
- Turning, drilling, boring, threading and grooving
- Cutter Radius compensation
- Simple Speed and Feed Calculations
- Live tool programming
- Basic sub-spindle functions
Who should attend?
- New programmers
- Machine Operators
- Entry knowledge levels of turning and simple math skills are required.
This class is targeted to people interested in becoming programmers, and can be effective for shop floor managers to better understand the capabilities of the machine tool. It will raise the level of an operator to someone who can make the machine tool more productive by understanding the basic codes. This limits the down time associated with waiting for a programmer to generate new programs or be available to make edits to the programmer.