Machine tool users are invited to attend and learn how to apply the latest technologies to enhance quality and maximize profitability.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (October 21, 2015) – Okuma America Corporation, a world-leader in CNC machine tool manufacturing, presents “Breakthroughs and Possibilities” at their annual Technology Showcase on Wednesday, December 9, 2015, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Thursday, December 10, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., in Charlotte, North Carolina. Machine tool users are invited to attend and view machine tool cutting demonstrations and learn about the latest CNC machining technologies that improve quality and maximize profitability. The demonstrations will show how to utilize breakthrough technologies to gain competitive advantage, enabled by the open possibilities of Okuma machine tools.
Attendees can expect to:
- Learn about new and emerging technologies from a variety of suppliers and discover how to apply them on the shop floor
- Evaluate a variety of technologies and equipment types
- Achieve improved productivity and increased return on investment
Machines on Display (subject to change):
- GENOS M560-V – Vertical Machining Center
- GENOS L300-M (KUKA Robotics Cell) – Horizontal Lathe
- GENOS L300-MYW – Horizontal Lathe
- LB3000 EXII MYW – Lathe
- LU3000 EX 2SW600 – 4-Axis Lathe
- MULTUS B300 (Robot) – Multitasking Lathe
- GENOS L250E (Barfeeder) – Lathe – featuring a demonstration using a remote control app
- 2SP-150H – 2-Spindle Lathe
- MB-5000H – Horizontal Machining Centers
- LU-S1600 – Compact 4-Axis Lathe
- MU-10000H – 5-Axis Horizontal Machining Center
- MA-12500H – Horizontal Machining Center
- VTM-100 – Lathe with Live Tooling
- LOC-650 –Oil Country 4-Axis Lathe
- MU-6300V – 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center
- MU-8000V – 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center
- MULTUS U3000 – Multitasking Lathe
Keynote speaker, Robert Mudge of RPM Innovations, a supplier of LDT (laser deposition technology) products and services to aerospace customers, will discuss using additive and subtractive manufacturing to multiply productivity.
Learning Session Topics Include:
- The Digital Age of Manufacturing – Putting the Industry Internet of Things (IIoT) to work for you – real-life examples of how the shop floor is connected to the front office, and the bottom line
Machine Technologies Include:
- The Frozen Tundra – The benefits and effects of machining in a cryogenic state (5ME)
- Pump It Up – How high-pressure coolant can save you money and improve quality (Sandvik Coromant and MP Systems)
- Rethinking the Manufacturing Process – How multitasking machines and specialty tooling can improve efficiency (Okuma and Sandvik Coromant)
- On the Right Path – Achieving process improvements with proper tool path generation (software/tooling) and taking advantage of the newest developments in metal-cutting and machine tool technologies
- Okuma App Store and the new OSP suite
Lunch will be provided daily. For detailed information about the 2015 Technology Showcase event and to register visit www.okuma.com/events/techshow2015. For more information on Okuma America Corporation visit http://www.okuma.com/.
About Okuma America Corporation
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, and spindle all manufactured by Okuma. The company also designs their own CNC controls to integrate seamlessly with each machine tool’s functionality. In 2014 Okuma launched the Okuma App Store, the industry’s only centralized online marketplace for machine tool apps and related content. Along with its extensive distribution network (largest in the Americas), and Partners in THINC, Okuma is committed to helping users gain competitive advantage through the open possibilities of machine tools, today and into the future. For more information, visit www.okuma.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @OkumaAmerica.