We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Field Service Technician (Service Engineer) our in Midland/Odessa, TX territory to support our customers, Parts and Service Team, Preventative Maintenance Programs, Applications Support Group, Automation, Turnkey Solutions, Process Development, Machinist Training, and Programming Classes.
Founded in 1960, Hartwig, Inc., has become one of the nation’s leading machine tool distributors specializing in machine tool inspection and equipment in the Midwest, Southwest, and Mountain regions.
With over 175 employees in nine locations throughout the United States, we provide Manufacturing Solutions and Support (Sales, Applications, Engineering, Service, Parts) to the machine tool industry.
Hartwig’s most important resource and best asset is our people. The belief that a strong manufacturing sector fuels economic growth combined with our passion for the industry is what unites us every day.
We make a difference. Join our team today to contribute to the future.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN SERVICE ENGINEER:
- Travels to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all machine tool equipment and controls.
- Trains and instructs customers and internal team members on proper installations and service/repair procedures for existing and new machines.
- Develops and maintains partner relationships internal departments and external vendors to resolve issues related to installations, service, and/or repair.
- Conducts high quality, efficient and timely repairs, preventative maintenance inspections, and machine/tooling installations as assigned.
- Recommends modifications and/or improvements to machine/equipment, and processes.
- Continuously reviews existing processes and searches for improved methods.
- Accurately documents information required for work records and reports.
- Drives company truck/van from your home to service calls each day.
- Other duties as assigned
TO JOIN THE HARTWIG TEAM, YOU SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of three year’s mechanical work experience in troubleshooting, repair, and installation.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting experience.
- Preferred formal education/training in the troubleshooting, repair, and installation of CNC machine tool products.
- Passion for customer satisfaction and exceptional communication skills.
- Standard work hours 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. however, must be willing to work to finish a job/project. Requires flexibility with strong customer satisfaction commitment.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and the ability to drive.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
- Ability to obtain a major credit card on your own personal credit history to utilize for business expenses and occasional travel requirements.
HARTWIG PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with Company Matching Program
- Accrued Time Off with Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Laptop and Cell Phone
- FREE Uniforms
- FREE Training Program(s)
- Career Advancement and Opportunity
- Equal work / Life Balance
Hartwig, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA.
For more information about Hartwig, visit our “About Hartwig” section.
Stay connected with us!