- August 14, 2017 - August 15, 2017
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
This two-day class is intended to raise the level of an operator to someone who can make the Okuma machine tool more productive by understanding the basic codes. Students will learn to write basic milling and drilling programs for vertical and horizontal machining centers.
It is also targeted to anyone interested in becoming a programmer or for shop floor manager to better understand the capabilities of the machine tool.
As part of Hartwig’s commitment to lifetime training, there is no charge to Hartwig customers, regardless of when the machine or software was purchased.
What Is Covered?
- Basic programming skills enabling operators and new programmers to create simple programs and edit (if necessary) existing programming.
- Drilling, tapping, and boring cycles
- Milling methods
- Cutter radius compensation
- Simple speed and feed calculations
An entry-level knowledge of milling, drilling and simple math skills.