- May 24, 2017 - May 25, 2017
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
This two-day class is an introduction to G code (hand) programming for the Okuma OSP control focused on basic programming skills for the three-axis vertical and four-axis horizontal machining center.
The functions of G and M codes are explained as well as the use of standard fixed cycles, linear and circular cutting paths, cutter radius compensation, scheduled programs and simple sub-programming.
Programming structure and best practices will be discussed.
Attend and you will learn:
- G and M codes and their functions
- Fixed cycles and their functions
- Linear and circular cutting paths
- Cutter radius compensation
- Scheduled programs
- Simple sub-programming
- Program structure
Who should attend?
- Machine operators
- Shop supervisors
- Anyone who wants to learn
A fundamental understanding of machining techniques, basic machining center experience and simple math skills.