- February 12, 2018 - February 13, 2018
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This is a basic Okuma lathe programming class. Students will learn to write basic turning programs for horizontal and vertical lathes. Multi-function lathes are not included.
This two-day class is intended to raise the level of an operator to someone who can make the machine tool more productive by understanding the basic codes. It is also targeted to anyone interested in becoming a programmer or for shop floor managers to better understand the capabilities of the machine tool.
As part of Hartwig’s commitment to lifetime training, there is no charge to Hartwig customers, regardless of when the machine or software was purchased.
What Is Covered?
- Basic programming skills enabling operators and new programmers to create simple programs and edit (if necessary) existing programming
- Turning, drilling, boring, threading and grooving
- Cutter radius compensation
- Process recommendations
- Simple speed and feed calculations
An entry-level knowledge of turning and simple math skills.
*Please limit your enrollment to four attendees per class, unless otherwise approved by your local Hartwig office.*